Dentures are removable dental restorations that help replace missing teeth. They help restore your smile, your ability to chew and communicate well. These appliances may be the right choice for you if you have several or all of your missing teeth. Dentures also help maintain a more youthful facial shape. Facial muscles begin to sag when the teeth have been missing for some time. They are designed to fit your mouth flawlessly. First, the impressions of your mouth and jaw are taken. The focus here is to evaluating the entire face to pick the correct tooth shape and size that will look most natural. Once your denture is made, adjustments can be made to it to ensure the perfect fit.
What are the benefits of Dentures?
There are several advantages in opting for dentures.
- Your mouth's original functions, such as eating and speaking, are restored to their complete form.
- The dentures help maintain a full facial shape.
- They are removable, which can be convenient for you.
What are the Types of Dentures?
- Full or Complete Dentures:They help replace all of your teeth and resemble the original teeth in form, appearance, and function. They can be fitted on the upper arch, lower arch, or both and can be easily removed to clean your denture or give your gums some rest. One may choose to use a denture fixative to help support the dentures and keep them firmly in place and prevent food particles from getting trapped underneath them.
- Partial Dentures:They usually comprise of replacement teeth secured to a pink or gum-colored plastic base, connected by a metal framework that ensures the denture is in place in the mouth. Partial dentures are advised when one or more natural teeth are present either in the upper or lower jaw. A fixed bridge can help substitute one or more teeth by placing crowns on both sides of the teeth and mounting false teeth onto them. This "bridge" is then bonded into position. A partial denture not only helps fill in the spaces created by missing teeth but also prevents other teeth from shifting from their designated place. A precision partial denture is removable and has internal attachments rather than clasps attach to the adjacent crowns. This is a more natural-looking appliance.
What are the benefits of Full and Partial Dentures?
Full dentures are generally suggested for people with no teeth. By getting dentures, special care is paid to restoring the mouth's health, removing damaged teeth, healing infections, and ensuring that the mouth is disease-free. One has to wait a while for your mouth to get healed before your final denture installation; complete dentures are a great way to restore oral health for individuals that have severe or chronic tooth problems. Full dentures can also give a fuller appearance to your face, which may look sunken due to the absence of teeth. Full dentures will also give you back your ability to eat a wide variety of foods, thus improving your overall health.
Partial dentures are helpful to replace a single tooth or a few teeth, and they cost less than complete dentures. They immediately restore the aesthetics of your mouth and fill in the gaps in your smile. Partial dentures will also ensure the health of your remaining teeth. They can prevent the remaining teeth from shifting and weakening and avoid over-use of one side of the mouth, which can cause wear and damage.
Call us at Smile Fresh Dental Center or schedule an online appointment to know more about Dentures and Partial Dentures.