Lumineers are a unique variety of porcelain veneers that offer a painless method to whiten the teeth and give a perfectly aligned smile permanently. These veneers are as slim as contact lenses and can be bonded to your teeth without grinding or shaving. They help make a beautiful and natural-looking smile. Lumineers can even be bonded over an existing crown or bridgework without having to replace them.
Why should you choose Lumineers?
Veneers are a routine cosmetic procedure in which the tooth's outer surface is covered, thus improving its appearance. The traditional veneers are thicker than Lumineers and require the removal of natural tooth structure. The preparation for veneers usually requires several visits that include numbing shots and anesthesia to reduce your discomfort. One may also need to wear temporary veneers for over two weeks before your permanent veneers are attached. Many patients opt for Lumineers because they can be attached without grinding or shaving your natural teeth, and local anesthesia is also not required during its application. The result of a Lumineers procedure is a beautiful smile with minimal discomfort.
What do the Lumineers help fix?
If you want to elevate your smile's look with minimal pain and discomfort, Lumineers might be the right option for you. Lumineers can painlessly mend:
- Stained and discolored teeth:The teeth of some people do not respond to traditional whitening treatments. Even those who respond may have to repeat the procedure every few years. Lumineers help eliminate the stains and discoloration permanently, and you can continue enjoying your favorite foods without any apprehension.
- Chipped or cracked teeth:Lumineers can fix a chip or a small crack in one of your teeth without you having to undergo a painful procedure.
- Tooth spacing and gaps: Many people have a noticeable gap between their teeth that they would like to fix. Lumineers can hide the wide gaps and spaces between your teeth with a non-invasive procedure.
- Crooked teeth:Lumineers are a painless and fast alternative to orthodontic appliances. A person can have a straight smile without the pain connected with the braces in just two appointments with the dentist.
- Small or misshapen teeth: Lumineers could be a quick and painless fix for your crooked or misshapen teeth. The ultra-thin veneers can be bonded over your natural tooth to match the rest of your teeth' shape and size.
What is the procedure involved in Lumineers?
Lumineers are very easy to fit in that the tooth's minimal scaling has to be done in advance. In the case of veneers, the tooth might have to be permanently shaped to ensure the best fit.
During the first visit, bite impressions and X-rays are taken to conclude the teeth' exact fit. The dentist also methodically examines the teeth to ensure that no tooth decay and gum disease signs are present. The color of the Lumineers is chosen for the wanted level of clearness. The bite impressions are later sent to the laboratory to be custom-manufactured. In the next visit to the dentist, the Lumineers are bonded to the teeth. Once the Lumineers are in place, the dentist polishes them until they are entirely smooth. The treatment is finished, leaving a beautiful white smile and perfect, healthy teeth.
Call us at Smile Fresh Dental Center or schedule an online appointment to know more about Lumineers